Perform an inspection on both sides of a car prior to accepting it.
Inspect the carbody for the following:
- Carbody leaning or listing to side.
- Carbody sagging downward.
- Carbody positioned improperly on truck.
- Object dragging below car.
- Object extending from side of car.
- Door or hatch insecurely attached to car.
- Broken or missing safety appliance.
- Lading leaking from a placarded hazardous material car.
Inspect the coupler and draft gear for damage or defects.
Inspect the wheels and journals for overheating or evidence of overheating.
Inspect the wheels looking for cracks.
Ensure that brakes do not stick on or off.